The Olympic Torch is coming to Alcester - Sunday 1 July 2012.
Don't miss it!!!!!!
The route of the Olympic Torch has been announced and here are the details:
Alcester at 10.49am - Alcester Health (B4090), Birmingham Road, School Road, Henley Street, High Street, Swan Lane, Evesham Street, A435, A46 => Evesham
Activities - Alcester Olympics Opening Ceremony (6 July 2012)
The outline running order looks like this:
- 5:30pm - Assemble for procession football field in Oversley Green. Procession includes all schools and Court Leet to St Nics.
- 6:00pm – Procession leaves St Nics and makes its way to Conway fields.
- 7:00pm - A short welcome and introduction from the Chairman of the Alcester Olympic Committee.
- 7:05pm - Performances given by local group while the torch is passed around the field from school to school.
- 7:45pm – Balloon release by Dowager Lady Hertford.
- 7:50pm – Ceremonies end and BBQ starts!
The Alcester Olympic Committee (AOC) has been formed by a group of Alcester residents to work with local organisation to create a spirit of celebration in the lead up to the London 2012 Games.
The AOC wants co-ordinate a large number of events between 6 - 15 July 2012.
If you or your organisation has an idea and wants to participate then contact the AOC. Describe the activities that you have in mind whether sports or other cultural.
More updates will be published here or visit the website!
If you contact Alcester Olympic Committee please tell them you found them using alcester.co.uk.
|Contact Name:||Steve Payne|