How to get to Alcester
Alcester is an ancient Roman town in a beautiful part of south-west Warwickshire, England. Please select a travel link below for information on getting to Alcester.
- From M5 - Exit the M5 at J9 and take the A46 towards Evesham and Alcester.
- From M42 -Exit M42 at J3 and take the A435 towards Evesham and Alcester.
- From Worcester (18.1 miles) - Take the A422 from Worcester towards Stratford and Alcester
- From Stratford on Avon (7 miles) - Alcester is located off the A46 which runs between these two locations.
There is ample parking in the Town Centre.
- A large car park in Bull Head Yards, behind the High Street.
- A car park behind the Swan on Bleachfield Street
- Various other small car parking areas dotted around the town
For more details please visit The AA Route Planner
There are a number of bus services serving Alcester and the surrounding area, brief details of which are below. To view the timetables please visit WarwickshireWeb on the Warwickshire County Council website and click on the appropriate route number.
|Bus Number||Locations||Days of operation|
|26||Stratford, Haselor, Great Alne, Alcester, Coughton, Studley, Crabbs Cross, Redditch||Mondays to Saturdays|
|29||Stratford, Haselor, Wilmcote, Great Alne, Alcester, Wixford, Bidford, Salford Priors, Iron Cross, Harvington, Evesham||Mondays to Saturdays|
|247||Redditch, Studley, Coughton, Alcester, Wixford, Bidford, Cleeve Prior, Evesham Daily (inc. Sundays)||Daily (inc. Sundays)|
|351||Alcester, Wixford, Broom, Dunnington, Worcester||Saturdays|
|385||Inkberrow, Astwood Bank, New End, Cookhill, Alcester||Thursdays|
|Flexibus 512||Stratford, Wilmcote, Aston Cantlow, Little Alne, Great Alne, Alcester, Kings Coughton, Sambourne, Studley, Mappleborough Green, Redditch||Mondays|
Alcester does not have a train station (see the old one here). However there are several stations situated nearby (distance from Alcester in brackets):
- Wilmcote (7 miles) - Take a taxi from the station or catch a 25/26 bus.
- Redditch (9 miles) - Take a taxi from the station or catch a number 246/247 bus to Alcester
- Stratford on Avon (8 miles) - Take a taxi from the station or catch a number 25/26 or 29 bus to Alcester
- Wooten Wawen (6 miles) - Take a taxi from the station
For more details about train times to these destinations please visit National Rail. To get from the above stations to Alcester please to the bus service section. To hire a taxi visit our Alcester Taxis and Private Hire section.
The nearest international airport is Birmingham International Airport which is 22 miles north east of the town.
The airport has a train station nearby that will take you directly to Stratford Upon Avon or there are car hire services available at the airport.
For more details please visit Birmingham International Airport
You may also be interested in: